My, how fast things change in the space of three years. I remember being stoked at metal and hard rock getting their own awards show because the Grammys were terrible. Well guess what, The Golden Gods Award has devolved into a shit fest all it’s own. I already did my annual rant on the terrible nominations but it looks like the readers of Revolver decided to pick the worst of almost every category to be the victor.
Revolver Golden Gods winners:
* Best Guitarists: Jinxx and Jake Pitts (BLACK VEIL BRIDES)
* Best Drummer: Jeremy Spencer (FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH)
* Paul Gray Best Bassist: Nikki Sixx (MÖTLEY CRÜE, SIXX: A.M.)
* Riff Lord: Slash
* Comeback Of The Year: SLIPKNOT
* Best International Band: X JAPAN
* Best Live Band: AVENGED SEVENFOLD
* Best Vocalist: Amy Lee (EVANESCENCE)
* Most Metal Athlete: CM Punk (WWE wrestling)
* Most Dedicated Fans: AVENGED SEVENFOLD
* Album Of The Year: KORN’s “The Path Of Totality”
* Golden God: Gene Simmons (KISS)
* Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award: RUSH
If there wasn’t proof before that the readers of Revolver are either casual music fans or completely clueless tweensters there is now. Show me your rage in the comments below.